– An interesting special situation play with a very limited downside.
– Golden Energy and Resources is a holding company of two publicly listed coal subsidiaries.
– It is currently subject to a takeover proposal by the controlling shareholder.
– Original lowball offer was raised by 17% after Singaporean minority investor ‘watchdog’ called for an improved bid.
– The amended offer was not declared final and there is a decent chance it gets raised again.
– Buyer looks motivated to get the deal done.
– Offer is expected to be raised to around 108-115 cents.
Exp. gain: 7-14%
Full write-up (free guest account required):
Golden Energy and Resources (AUE.SI), mcap=$2690m