– LG Corp – holding company at 67% discount to SoTP of listed subs.
– Something like 29 trading for 12.5.
– The listed subs are cheap at single-digit PEs.
– The key asset is LG Chem, which owns LG Energy Solutions – the second largest auto electric battery manufacturer – a highly prized global business.
– But this is in Korea where the sum of the parts valuations go to die.
– Still, there is a chance this will reverse to something like a 25% discount typical for Europe.
Valuation: Trades at a 67% discount to the sum of the parts. Holding company discounts in Europe and other places are 10-30%.
Exp. gain: Not specified.
Full 003550.KS write-up (free guest account required):