– Toast is a vertical software platform for restaurants, including POS, inventory management and payroll.
– Restaurant industry lags in technological adoption, with legavy clunky providers still holding significant market share.
– An EMV-induced POS upgrade cycle in 2015 will result in higher-than-expected demand over the next two years.
– TOST set to reach >50% of the market by the end of the decade.
– TOST’s subscription platform is under-monetized with customers spending only 1/3 of potential ARPU.
– High customer attach rates due to lock in into mission-critical restaurant workstreams.
– Trades at 1.5 turn premium to vertical SaaS peers due to its much faster expected revenue growth (42% CAGR for 2022-2024).
– Base case at 9x forward gross profit, would result in 30% IRR through the end of 2025.
Exp. gain: +120% to $42/share by 2025.
Full write-up (free guest account required):